Doug Miller has been a small business owner for more than 20 years. Prior to being self-employed, he held a senior sales position with National Cash Register (NCR), a regional sales position with Dataserve, Inc., and then ended as a senior account manager with Mid-Mountain Data Systems. In 1995, Doug purchased a coupon tabloid franchise, a direct mail advertising company out of Portland, Oregon. After growing to three territories, he sold the business and opened a mortgage brokerage firm, Customers First Choice Mortgage, in Boise, Idaho.
In 1999, Doug partnered in three Papa Murphy’s franchises and is currently an eight-store owner in three different states. Over the past 17 years with the Papa Murphy’s brand, he has achieved several accomplishments:
- One of the largest operators in 2013 with nine locations in Idaho and 12 in Texas
- Received Innovator of the Year Award in 2012 for the “Mini Murph®” make and bake pizza kit.
- Received the $1.5 Million Single Unit Sales Volume Award
- Acquired, relocated and/or opened over 30 locations across Idaho, Texas, Oregon and Wyoming.
- Built the first “Create®” trademark design store in 2013
In addition, Doug has held many leadership positions within the Papa Murphy’s franchise community. He held the position of DMA president for Austin, Texas; Boise, Idaho; and Cheyenne, Wyoming. Doug was selected by the franchise community to serve on the franchise advisory board (FAB).
As Doug’s entrepreneurial spirit grew, he partnered with Seth Brink in April 2015 to purchase The Gyro Shack. Their intentions are to become a “Franchisee Focused” franchisor.
Doug has a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing from the University of Iowa. Doug, Patricia—his wife of 17 years—and their two boys Gage and Whitt are settled in Boise, Idaho. Doug’s love for the outdoors and his commitment to family are his driving forces.